Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Perry - Healthcare at the Dallas County Hospital

Our next stop brought us to Perry and the Dallas County Hospital. This was my first time at this facility, and I must say, it is very impressive.

This is the last of our stops as part of our tour this week, and I have been really impressed with the excitement and passion that people have for this issue.

Every community in Iowa has a story to tell and the story here in Perry is one of progress. Five years ago, the hospital completed a new addition that is helping to meet the health care needs of the community.

Last fall, I traveled up here to celebrate the new DMACC Perry Campus that is helping students receive a quality education.

Everytime I am in Perry, I am always impressed with how this community is moving forward, and I can see why Perry is a great place to live.

Now Perry is in the rear view mirror but we don't get to go home yet. Tonight, I am being honored by the Iowa Public Health Association as their Public Health Official of the Year. I am truly humbled to receive this award, and I will be accepting it on behalf of everyone in state government and on the local level who have helped achieve the health care successes we have seen in Iowa.

After that, its going home, and to bed. We will be hitting the road next week - this time talking about another subject near and dear to my heart - renewable energy.

Until next time,

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment