Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Greetings from Chilly Miami

Hello from Lankshark Stadium in Miami.

Its really cold here this evening as we wait for the start of the Orange Bowl. Now I know that "cold" is relative since the 50 degree temperature here is 50 degrees warmer than at home in Iowa.

John and I traveled here Sunday with the Iowa Alumni Association - a great and fun loving bunch of people. We have enjoyed some receptions and a huge Hawkeye Huddle yesterday.

They tell me fifteen thousand fans were in the Miami Convention Center to get this party started. So even though the beach hasn't been enjoyable we are sure having a good time.

There are Hawkeyes everywhere, wearing the colors proudly. I think we out number the Georgia Tech fans about twenty to one. I can't wait for the game to start.

I have on all the clothes I can possibly wear - of course we didn't bring winter coats or gloves. Will just have to cheer all the louder to keep warm and ensure that victory.

I will send futher updates as I can. GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment