Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Iowa Veteran's Home

Our day is done. We just wrapped up our day of stops with a visit to the Iowa Veterans Home.

As the daughter of a WWII vet and the wife of a VietNam vet, I am committed to showing our veterans the respect and gratitude they deserve.

That is why I was happy to come to the Veterans home and talk about the impact that state investment is having on this historic facility.

Thanks to $22 million in funds from I-Jobs we are literally helping to rebuild this facility. And the great new is that work on the veterans home has already begun.

Our investment through I-Jobs demonstrates Iowa's committment to our veterans and I was glad to see just how these dollars will be put to use.

Well, the sun has set and the car is moving Northeast to Waterloo.

After getting some sleep we will hit the road again tomorrow for another day of travels. Hope to see some of you out there.

Until next time,

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment