Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Letts Gets a New Community Center

We ended the day with a great event in the rural town of Letts.

In my 20 years of public service, I have been to nearly every town and city in the state. However, I don't think I have been to Letts before, so it was a treat to go someplace new.

We held our event at the Letts City Hall and Community Center. As I drove up to the 105 year old building, I could tell that it no longer meets the needs of its citizens.


For years, this community has been working to build a new library and community center. However, they have not been able to get all the funding they needed, until I-JOBS. They will utilize $400,000 to build a new top-of-the-line building.


Now, I know how important buildings like this are to a community like Letts. Being from Albia, and representing dozens of small rural communities like this in the legislature, I know from first hand experience that projects like this are a big deal and help bring a community together. And that couldn't be more true in Letts. This is a small community with a lot of heart, and I am glad that the I-JOBS program will be able to help make the goal of a new community center a reality.



After coffee, cookies and good conversation, it is time to head home.

This is probably our last trip until after the new year. I'm glad it was a such a good one.

I want to thank everyone for following along, and keep checking back to find out what I am up to. I will continue to blog every few days about the holidays, plans for the legislative session, and maybe even a bowl game that is coming up soon!

Until next time,

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment